Frequently Asked Questions

Can I incorporate myself?

Yes, just be sure to keep everything up to date to avoid extra expenses trying to catch up later.

Cost of incorporating?

For a Professional Corporation quote please contact our corporate assistant, Toni King.

Difference between Notary & Commissioner?

A notary is one of our Lawyers; a commissioner can be any of the Assistants in the office that are Commissioner of Oaths. Commissioner for Oaths can only swear documents staying within Alberta. If it is leaving the Province you will require a Notary Public.

It is common practice for a corporation to use its seal on legal documents. However, business corporations are not required to use a corporate seal.

Do we need a Corporate Seal?

For a Wills quote, please fill in Will questionnaire.

How much does it cost to do a Will?

Not at all, we have a questionnaire to get you started.

I need to do my Will, is it complicated?

We accept Cash, Cheques, Debit + Interact E-Transfer.

Interact E-Transfer Instructions:

Please send payment to + include the following details:

  • Security Question: Who do I pay?

  • Security Answer: Gishlaw

Please also include within the message area:

  • Your file number

  • Your full name

This information is important so we know who to apply this payment to.

Payment Methods?

Deals with matters such as health care if you are living but unable.

What is a Personal Directive?

Deals with money matters if you are living but unable.

What is an Enduring Power of Attorney?

An RPR is a Real Property Report. This provides a visual representation of a property.

What is an RPR?

Compliance is written confirmation that a development or property meets all regulations, and proper permits have been issued on the property.

What is Compliance?

Title insurance is an insurance that protects property owners and their lenders against losses like: title defects, existing liens on the property, title fraud, and encroachment.

What is Title Insurance?

Identification! We need two pieces of ID; one has to be photo ID. Also bring in any relevant documentation in regard to the appointment.

What to bring to an appointment?

#4 , 4737 – 49B Avenue, Lacombe just East of the Lacombe Fire Department. Click here for more details.

Where are you located?